Tree Removal & Stump Grinding
Why Trees Should Be Removed
No one likes taking down a tree, particularly one that's been around for a long time. But sometimes tree removal is the best option for both the tree and the property owner.
- Damaged and Unhealthy Trees - Trees fail for all sorts of reasons - storm damage, disease, pest infestation (like Emerald Ash Borer) and structural problems all take their toll and eventually the tree is beyond the point at which it can be saved.
- Tree Size or Placement - Some trees simply grow too large for the area in which they're planted. What seemed like a small tree 20 years ago may have grown into a huge tree today that dwarfs your house or blocks the driveway.
- Dead or Unsafe Trees - Don't forget the safety factor - dead or dying trees can pose a hazard to your family, as well as passers-by. This is especially true for dead ash trees. Learn more about removing dead ash trees here >>
Call us at 908-309-6611 when you're ready to remove a tree, or if you'd like an expert opinion on whether or not a tree should be taken down.
We'll take a look at your tree (there's no fee for the consultation) and give you an honest evaluation of the best course of action.
If the best thing to do is remove the tree, we'll use the safest and most efficient method possible to do the job. Our certified arborists have the right equipment (including cranes), technical skills and up-to-date tree care knowledge to remove trees safely. You'd be surprised to see just what we can safely remove, including huge trees and trees hanging over a house.
Plus, we're a fully licensed and insured tree care company so you can rest easy knowing that you're in good hands.
Spider Lift in Action
With best-in-class equipment and extensive training, our crews make quick work of pruning and tree removal jobs while keeping costs down for you.
Complimentary Tree Removal & Stump Grinding Quote
Contact us today or call 908-309-6611 for a free estimate from one of our Licensed Tree Experts.
Tree & Shrub Care Resources
Here are five good reasons for grinding and removing a tree stump:
- The stump may be a safety hazard, an obstacle, or is just plain ugly.
- With the proper soil amendment, you can plant a new tree in the same location – but only after the stump has been removed.
- Removal eliminates the possibility of attracting highly destructive carpenter ants and/or termites.
- Stump removal discourages the growth of harmful fungi from the rotting process which could spread disease to nearby trees or plants.
- Removing the stump is the only guaranteed way to prevent the tree from growing back.
We offer professional stump grinding service. Even large uprooted stumps can usually be ground, saving on excavation and topsoil fill costs.
Typically, we grind the main stump 8-10" below grade level, as well as any lateral surface roots within 3-5 feet of the main stump.
You're left with wood chips and soil in a pile over the stump hole. Over time, the wood chips decompose and you can plant grass, flowers or even another tree.
As an additional service, we can also fill the hole with screened top soil, and cover it with grass seed and straw mulch. Pretty soon it'll look like nothing ever happened.
When providing you an estimate to remove trees, we will also provide options on removing any stumps. That way you'll have all the information you need to make the right decision for your situation.
Contact us today or call 908-309-6611 for a free estimate on any tree removal or stump grinding needs.