Tree Pruning & Trimming Services
Why Trees Need to be Pruned
Many trees will need pruning at some point. The key is to do it properly and to do it before the problem gets to the point that the only viable solution is to remove the tree entirely.
Here are some of the reasons your trees may need to be pruned.
- Damaged Branches – Storms and wind can damage branches. They should be properly removed so they don’t become a safety hazard.
- Diseased Branches – When you notice an area of your tree that looks diseased, call us to identify the problem and determine the best solution. Sometimes the best course of action is to prune away parts of the tree affected by disease so it doesn’t spread to the rest of your tree
- Dead Branches – These can be unsafe, harbor pests and affect the beauty of your tree. Take a careful look at your tree when it leafs out in spring to see if you have any dead branches that should be removed.
- Overcrowded Branches – Sometimes the crown of the tree has too many branches or is overgrown. We often see this in trees that have been topped or improperly pruned. Pruning allows new growth and better air circulation so disease and pests are less likely to take hold. Plus, it looks better after trimming.
- Tree is Too Big – Pruning can be used to reduce the height and overall size of your tree, although we do not top trees.
- Tree is in the Way – Trees aren’t always planted in the best location (for example, too near a driveway or next to your house). Pruning can remove obstructing lower branches or branches that interfere with your house. Sometimes, however, it may be best to consider removing the tree entirely.
- Tree is Blocking Your Views – When branches get in the way of your lovely view, it’s tempting to just lop them off. Don’t. Proper pruning will open up your view while keeping the tree healthy, properly balanced and aesthetically pleasing.
- Tree is Poorly Shaped – Trees that haven’t been pruned, or ones that have been pruned badly, often look lopsided, top-heavy, or mis-shaped. By selectively pruning the right parts of your tree, we can make it look much better.
- Fruit Tree Doesn’t Have Many Fruit – Fruit trees, such as apple, pear and peach trees, respond to proper pruning by producing more fruit. If your fruit tree seems to be putting out fewer fruit, it will likely benefit from pruning for fruit production.
Why Use Us To Prune Your Trees?
With a name like Organic Plant Care LLC, it’s not always obvious that we’re a full service tree care company.
As organic practitioners, we take a holistic, environmentally-friendly approach to the care of ALL plants on your property – from turf to treetops.
Professional tree pruning and trimming is equal parts art and science. We understand both aspects and respect the way plants are intended to grow. When it comes to pruning your trees, we look not only at the tree itself, but also at the surrounding plants and how you want to use the area around the tree.
We prune everything from large shade trees, to fruit trees, to smaller ornamental trees.
Licensed, Insured & Certified
As members of TCIA and ISA, our NJ Certified Tree Experts and ISA Certified Arborists are extremely technical and safe, following A300 pruning standards developed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
We always adhere to strict arborist rules, aesthetics and safety requirements.
Organic Plant Care LLC is fully licensed and insured as a tree care company, with more than 75 years of combined professional tree care experience.